Thursday, June 21, 2018

The start....

This is a travel journal of my wanderings in the tunnels of the rabbit-holes that I keep falling down.  Hopefully there will be some interesting twist and turns as I go.

I am hooked on fiber:  I weave in a variety of ways and have the equipment to do so.  I am now weaving yardage for sewing my own clothing on vintage Singer sewing machines.  Somehow I slipped down the quilting rabbit-hole as well which actually came from picking up a number of vintage Singer sewing machines.  I really love those old black beauties😀  I also enjoy different styles of braiding and have some really cool equipment for that.  Oh and there is a spinning wheel and a few spindles as well.

For going through all the hassles of being treated for breast cancer, I bought myself a kayak.  I have been using the "I survived cancer" justification for the purchase of a lot of toys.  That and preparing for retirement.  This is the time to get what I need to play with in the future.  So with that in mind, I picked up a recreational kayak for playing on rivers and small inland lakes.  My first 'yak is mostly for Lake Michigan.  It can pretty much take anything she decides to throw at me.

So that is what this blog will do, document my explorations in fiber and water.  I hope you enjoy the journeys as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What insomnia can lead to!

 A couple of weeks ago I had a very bad case of insomnia.  I was not able to fall asleep, so rather than the torture of tossing and turning,...