Saturday, August 31, 2019

...and on to September

I am amazed that the end of August is here already.  This summer just flew by for me.  Looking back on this month, I really did not finish too many projects.  It seems I did more sewing than anything.  Those sewing projects were not even things that I had intended to do or had previously started and did not finish.

I am hoping that September will be more productive.  I would like to finish up a lot of projects that have been lingering around for too long and to learn some new spinning techniques.

I am going to be participating in the Fall Weave-along on Ravelry's Warped Weaver's.   I have 4 projects that have been started but not finished for too long.

Clockwise starting in the top left is a pick-up band on the mini Wave,  a warp-faced band on the GBL, a leash on the core-braiding stand,  and an oblique braid on the takadai.  It is time to give them all some attention.

I am also participating in a month-long spin-along on Allons-Y-Fiber Art also on Ravelry.  Its a spin-along for New Zealand half-bred Haunui fiber.  This is an absolute gorgeous fiber to spin.  I am spinning it on the Lendrum and am planning to do a 4-ply cable.  This is not something that I have done before - new stuff, should be fun:-)
It is a beautiful, autumn colored braid.  Bethanne's colors are always so gorgeous.

Still on spinning, I am going to pick up some cotton sliver at WI Sheep and Wool festival next weekend.  I am enjoying spinning a lot, but I just do not care to weave with wool,  so I am going to give cotton a try.  I received Joan Ruane's Beginning Cotton Spinning on a Wheel and it looks doable.  I am also receiving a quill head for the Lendrum.  I am thinking that will work well with cotton.  The shorter fiber length needs the fast, high twist that I should get from the quill head.  More fun times:-)

I also want to weave off the pieces that are on the Glimåkra Standards.
The top piece will be upholstery fabric to recover my spinning chair and the bottom piece is just really fun polka-dots.   I have not quite decided what I am going to do with that fabric.  It makes me smile everytime I see it, so I would like to do something cool with it.

There are also what seems like a zillion crochet and knitting pieces started.  The nice thing about those is they are portable,  so they come to work with me and I work on them over my lunch period.

So, it should be interesting to see what actually gets done in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What insomnia can lead to!

 A couple of weeks ago I had a very bad case of insomnia.  I was not able to fall asleep, so rather than the torture of tossing and turning,...